Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean on Stranger Tides

Went to the see the new Pirates in a packed theater the other night.  And up front there is a scene at the end if you want to stay for the credits.  A lot of people I have talked to have been hesitant about the new movie since the last was not so good.  But in actually seeing I have to say that it was much much much better than the last two.  In this movie they are looking for the fountain of youth and of course you have to have a mermaid for that.  So some different aspects:  there is kind of a new Will Turner clone who plays a missionary but he pulled it off well.  And lets just admit it Jack Sparrow really is just the best pirate I mean some of the plans he formulates and bullshit he puts out are just insane and really could not be pulled off by anyone else.  And this was the best movie for Capt. Barbosa this really was the best movie for his character.  I did have two complains.  First there was not enough of the monkey I like the monkey.  And second, I didn't really like Black Beards character he was really Zen about his being evil and I would have liked to have seen him played a little more evil and ruthless.  But despite that is was a really good movie worth going to see.         

1 comment:

  1. I've been waffling about seeing it and now I've decided that I will, thanx to you! And I completely agree, there has never been a better pirate than Capt. Jack Sparrow!!

    ReplyDelete